Friday, October 26, 2012

To the River


This afternoon we went for the river cruise, but we saw quite a bit on the way there!  We had to keep on moving even if we saw something interesting, so we passed a lot of cool stuff.  We did pause briefly for this stork, which I'm happy about, because that was our only time seeing it!
Wooly-necked Stork
An d we saw this guy.  I don't really know what it is.  Maybe a scrub robin?  That looks almost right, certainly more right than the others I saw in my field guide.  But not so perfectly right that I'm willing to just decide on it........
Mystery Bird (Scrub Robin?)
 By the airstrip was a lot of activity.
Wildebeest 
 Soooooooo thirsty!
Giraffe
 Yes!
Giraffe
 At last, a picture of a swallow in flight! Until/unless I get a better camera this is about as good as it's going to get.
Swallow
 This is clearly a plover. Not a snipe.  Even if you really want to see a snipe, this is a plover.
Kittlitz's plover
 As is this.
Crowned Plover
 I loved these little guys, they are just gorgeous in flight.  I have no idea what they are.  Saw them all over, and never got tired of them.  :-)
Mystery Insect


No comments:

Post a Comment