Friday, October 19, 2012

Mostly reruns on the nature channel


After that long morning drive and an incredible lunch, we spent the afternoon relaxing around the tent.  I love our view, and there was a lot to see, mostly the same sort of thing as yesterday.  Although at one point Jack asked me if it was vultures or turkeys on the ground across the channel, and I had no idea what he was talking about.  I couldn't see them from my vantage point, and by the time he showed them to me they were leaving!  It turned out they were southern ground hornbills, and Jack had been watching them for quite some time.

Southern Ground Hornbills
 Jacana!  There were usually a few of these around, but they are kind of hard to get pictures of.  I'm so glad this one came to the edge, in the light, and posed for me.  :-)
African Jacana


No comments:

Post a Comment