Thursday, September 6, 2012

Prairie Warbler


Well it was ~quite~ a lovely day today!  At the upper lobe there was good activity.  A black and white being elegant, an american redstart posing and fanning its tail everywhere, and a lovely prairie warbler!

Black-and-white Warbler
American Redstart


American Redstart

Prairie Warbler

Prairie Warbler
This veery came onto the path for me, showing off its warm neck and soft spots.  Thanks little lovely!
Veery
 I went by a meadow - near but not maintenance meadow - and this northen parula and a chestnut-sided (who declined all pictures) buzzed all around.  It was pretty exciting.
Northern Parula
 I took a wrong turn onto a path that looked promising but went to an area that was fully occupied by a couple behind some bushes.  I turned around and this warbling vireo made me feel better about the whole thing.
Warbling Vireo
 At maintenance meadow I saw this house finch.  Someone tried really hard to make it into a purple finch (which were seen there earlier) but I really don't think so.
House Finch
Hairy!  Look at that beak!  Hahahaha, it looks ridiculous now that I'm so used to downies.  
Hairy Woodpecker
 At the usual waterthrush spot was a waterthrush, as usual.
Northern Waterthrush
 There are still lots of flickers around, usually flying directly away from me.  Honestly, you'd think I would notice them before I nearly step on them, but I manage to flush them all the time.  It's embarrassing!
Northern Flicker



No comments:

Post a Comment