Monday, September 10, 2012

Kinglet

I'm getting the hang of this park-after-the-gym thing! It was quite a nice day.  At the upper lobe was this rose-breasted grosbeak, who posed on the bare branches for me.

Rose-breasted Grosbeak
 This hummingbird was a delight.
Ruby-throated Hummingbird

Ruby-throated Hummingbird
 And a red-eyed vireo to round things out!
Red-eyed Vireo
 Over to the oven, where there was another hummingbird.
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
 And this kinglet came by for a little while.  I have missed the kinglets - look how round!
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
 And this flicker was taunting me, daring to try to get a picture with its face.  Success!  Okay, ~near~ success.  :-)  There were also a few more warblers - a maggie, one redstart, and one something bright that I think was most likely a parula, but I couldn't say for sure.  Quite a day, even though I'm tired!
Northern Flicker



No comments:

Post a Comment