Sunday, February 13, 2011

Owls! Yay!

I saw a couple reports that there were long-eared owls in Central Park, so I went on an owl mission.  It was not going well until random people came by and helped me, and the result was that I saw 2 long-eared owls!  My second time seeing owls, the other time was in Costa Rica.  It was wonderful!

I looked on my own for several minutes, without seeing them.  A man came over and showed me the tree they were in yesterday, he couldn't find them either.  Then a family came over and said they had seen them about an hour before, and they found them again.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  They saw three, I never saw the third, only two.
They were pretty well covered up, it was not easy to find a way to take a picture that looked like an owl.

I'm so happy!  :-)

I hope they stay for Paul's group but I don't think they usually hang around that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment