Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A gorgeous day in the park

Today was absolutely gorgeous.  Bird-wise it was pretty much the same as Monday, seeing just one or two of each type of bird, with most of that being on the point.  I was happy to find this gnatcatcher myself, I think that's the first time I've spotted one.  However it was pretty resistant to pictures!
blue-grey gnatcatcher
 I did see maybe 4 or 5 yellow-rumps.
yellow-rumped warbler
 BLue-headed vireo showing off its "blue" head.
blue-headed vireo
 There are its spectacles!
blue-headed vireo
 This bird is not in shadow, that's just how black its body is and how brown its head is.
brown-headed cowbird
 How cute is this oriole taking a bath?!?!?  I love her.  She did not look so adorable when she flew off all wet an bedraggled, but I'm sure she got herself looking gorgeous quickly.
Baltimore oriole (female)
 Black-and-white warblers never clash with their surroundings.
black-and-white warbler
 One of the black-crowned night herons was back, but I didn't get to see it fish this time.
black-crowned night heron

palm warbler
 Towhee!  In the sun!  I love how dignified these guys look.
eastern towhee
 The Louisiana waterthrush is still here!  I'm guessing this will be my last time seeing one this year.  But it's very difficult to predict the future!
Louisiana waterthrush



No comments:

Post a Comment