Monday, August 23, 2010

The Return of the Wood Duck

So, after lunch with Melissa, Renee and Leora and before seeing Barry, I went through the park.  I was planning on cabbing and shopping because it was rainy, but I was early and it was clear(ish) so I walked.  Through the park.  With neither binocs nor camera.

And someone told the wood duck!  He was there, at the pond, on the mud flat north of the bridge, showing off and taunting me!  Someone else had a (pretty impressive) camera but didn't look friendly or open to approach from a random non-camera non-binoc person.

Also at the pond were a double-crested cormorant, a northern mockingbird (I'm guessing but I did see the white underneath the wings), the male red-winged blackbird, and at least 3 Eastern kingbirds.

It was crazy!  I was so happy to see them all again, and so sad that I couldn't get a really good look or any pictures........  Dude.  Every time..........

No comments:

Post a Comment