Monday, May 24, 2010

Slower and smellier.......

Today I just went around the pond, testing my brand new binocs (shiny!) and harness (strappy!)

The harness is much better than a neck strap (um, not looks-wise) but the weight point in the back keeps riding up, so it's not as good as it could be.  I'll try some others that have a larger weight-point, almost like a vest, maybe that will be better.  Also I'm going to hold firmly to the notion that I look like an ultra-hot Bond girl in the harness, not like a possibly delusional lady who got some of the steps wrong in dressing this morning.

Anyway, at the pond I got a much better look at the female red-winged blackbird.  She's really quite something!

The goslings were all present and accounted for, as was the wood duck.  The wood duck is the same size as the goslings, it's hilarious!

No herons, egrets, cormorants, warblers, etc.  I did see a blue jay.

That pond was smelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment