Sunday, March 11, 2012

One last walk on our last day here


Well, it's our last morning at Arena Del Mars.  So sad!  It's been wonderful here.  The parakeets came by to say adios.
Orange-chinned Parakeet
 Jack came walking with me this morning, so I was looking hard for the motmots.  And we found them!  There were two, and they gave us quite a show.  :-)
Blue-crowned Motmot
 This waterthrush was trying its best to distract us from the motmots.
Northern Waterthrush
 See?  There were two!  :-)
Blue-crowned Motmots
 Down at the beach the swallows were missing again, but we did see this yellow-headed caracara.  It was perched there for quite some time.  What a treat!
Yellow-headed Caracara
 Yes, yes, it's quite a nice tail.
Yellow-headed Caracara 
 A sandpiper laughing at me, daring me to try to ID it.  Someday!
Sandpiper
 The black-hooded antshrike pair was on the path again, and again the female pretty much defeated my camera.  You will just have to take my word for it - she is gorgeous!
Black-hooded Antshrike, female
 Then a new sight - antbirds!  There were 3 or 4 of them, hopping around, where the light was the absolute worst, and moving quicker than a camera.  Brown back, black head, blue orbital skin.
Chestnut-backed Antbird
 I think they must have been chestnut-back antbirds. Sadly these were the best pictures I got.
Chestnut-backed Antbird
 And an agouti!  :-)  A great walk for our last day.
Central American Agouti



No comments:

Post a Comment