Monday, April 8, 2024

We saw the eclipse!!!!

 I had never seen a total solar eclipse before, and this was our best opportunity.  Probably we will not see another one in our lifetimes!  So I planned to drive about 5 hours to Ohio, stay a couple of nights to give us some good buffer time, and hopefully see the eclipse.

Well it turned out better than I could have planned!  The hotel I chose was accidentally absolutely perfect.  It was across from a college campus, and they were having a huge eclipse event, so the rest of the guests went there.  The hotel staff went up to the roof, leaving the sun patio, with chairs and tables and a perfect view, empty for just the two of us!  We had our eclipse glasses and eclipse binoculars.  And snacks and sodas.  And regular binoculars for during totality.  



The weather cooperated beautifully!  It was forecast to be super cloudy, and there were clouds, but just the high thin ones that didn't really get in the way.  We had a great view, and it was gorgeous!  Even though I had seen plenty of pictures and videos, it was still surprising how gorgeous it was during totality.  This picture is...... well, I took it on my phone with absolutely no skill, so there we go.  

It was definitely worth the trip!  Afterwards we ordered pizza from our room, and it was delicious.

Thank you Ohio!

This was the first long trip with the new car, and it was awesome!  The fancy new features make it so so so much easier and less draining to do a long drive.  Also the traffic wasn't bad at all, maybe because we had buffer days, but it was really much easier than I expected!  So that was wonderful.

I'm so glad we had a little getaway that was okay for Jack and something we both really wanted to do, and really enjoyed.  :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment